Summer Camp Assistant Director
Job Open: February 28, 2016
Job Close: March 20, 2016
Organization: Living Water Outreach Ministries, Inc.
Location: 2902 East 46th Street, Indianapolis,
Reports to: Camp Director
Supervises: Camp staff, contractors and volunteers
Full-Time (Contractual) 7 weeks only
Salary: $11.00 per hour
To provide enrichment programs and activities to
those youth and their families that often times may be overlooked. Programs that assist with financial literacy,
math and science, behavioral and educational tools. Living Water Outreach Ministries’ believes in
providing a safe environment for staff, volunteers and the participants. The ultimate goal is to ensure the
entire family is placed in a sustainable position.
to plan, originate, organize and carry out daily and special programs
year of full or part-time experience supervising or working with children,
preferably in a camp setting, is required.
in a leadership capacity is required.
to establish an effective working relationship with parents, employees, and the
to work outdoors in summer heat.
snacks and purchases as needed.
accurate and detailed records regarding participants’ vital statistics and
attendance and other related duties as assigned.
M Must have a
valid Indiana Driver’s License
- Order or supervise the ordering of food, supplies, and
equipment, and arrange for proper distribution.
- Assist with the setting up and the supervision of office
procedures, opening-and closing-day procedures for staff and campers.
- Assist with the developing of routines, schedules, and
procedures for camp operation.
- Oversee staff activities and other responsibilities.
- Oversee classrooms and/ or groups.
- Assist with the maintaining and reviewing of records
and evaluations of all programs, operations, staff, and facilities.
- Develop an end of the season report for president and board
- Follow and monitor the crisis management plan,
including emergency procedures.
- Organize field trips.
- Assist with providing an atmosphere for developing good
morale and well-being among the camp participants and staff.
- Open to other duties that may be assigned.
This contractual position
may require some heavy lifting
Contractor must be
proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Have the ability to
understand and interpret budgets and request supplies as needed
Understand and submit
requisitions and other office forms.
Good customer service
skills both written and verbally
Have the ability to flex
his/her hours as needed to complete tasks